Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Birthday Season

I must have been tired last night, after the kick off to Birthday Season since I posted the homemade treats without the vanilla ice cream recipe. Don't worry. It's up now - so go read it and try it. You won't be sorry. Unless of course you've already discovered home ice cream making, in which case you're probably on to better and fancier things than plain vanilla.

Anyway. Birthday Season - it's begun. 6 birthday's in 6 weeks. My mom's started it off yesterday. It was nice - we just went over for dinner (basic bbq - hamburgers, corn on the cob, macaroni salad) and cake.

We're on a, um - tight, budget so I picked a couple flowers from the garden and added in some basil and parsley for green put them in an old milk carafe and tied a little ribbon on. I also gave her a bottle of the strawberry wine. Even though it's not ready to drink yet!

My birthday is next (followed days before by my friends who is not included in our birthday season count)

Colin's comes next - poor guy. The problem with his, is that it falls during my mandatory overtime and so it's always a scramble to get his put together. It does always come together, but it's hectic. This year we are also moving the day before we planned his party. Or not planned his party. We have no idea what we are doing yet.

My sisters is the last one in August.

Evans is mid-September, and my father's is the day after - officially ending birthday season.

Just in time to start planning Christmas! Heh.

I've been eyeing these birthday flags I keep seeing - and I'm thinking about trying to put together some before Colins birthday. I know that's kind of crazy. I still have a quilt I have to finish. It's just a tiny one though. And we're gone 5 days next week. And we're still packing.

But I really like these. And really want some for this year. So I think I really need to find the time.


Here's what I'm talking about:

A Birthday Banner, at Soulemama

Happy Birthday Garland on Etsy


Even More Garland Examples



So, you see - I just have to make something like this. I mean, c'mon. We have a Birthday Season. I'm pretty sure we need these.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I like the Etsy garland. And it is so funny we are both thinking about garlands, cause yesterday I printed out a pattern for a pumpkin and black cat crochet garland. Enjoy the birthdays! When is the big move day? And I've had homemade ice cream and my favorite is crushed peppermint candies mixed in with it. Yum!