Monday, December 20, 2010

quote for the week (and something new!)

What is Christmas?  It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.  It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.  
                                                                       ~Agnes M. Pahro

 

 

 

 

 

 

This holiday season has been a little different than the last few. In some ways it's been crazier, in some ways it's been slower. A lot of things are going undone and some traditions have been put on hold. 

 

Other traditions like cutting our tree down on the coldest snowiest day of the year, seem to still be in place. It was cold. Really cold. And there was at least a half dozen times I stepped into a surprise mound of snow that swallowed me up to my waist and I had to roll out of. 

 

 I am definitely feeling some tenderness and nostalgia for past holidays. I feel like I've been sort of limping through this holiday season. And I have. 


I mentioned a bit ago that I've been napping more. Letting some things go (like the dishes and the laundry!) I've been spending a lot of time away from this space while I slow down.

 

And I've also been spending a lot of time planning and hoping for the future.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baby number three will be joining our family right around July 2nd 2011!

 

 

And now that my first trimester is coming to a close, I plan on spending much more time back in this space very soon!

Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

Cari said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm really happy for you all! It's official - EVERYONE around me is having more babies. LOL

Betsy said...

I'm super excited for you. Are you starting to feel more human again?

gardenofsimple said...

Thanks Cari! :)

gardenofsimple said...

Betsy, I had like 4 days last week where I felt awesome and I was all excited that the first trimester symptoms were ending. But then Thursday morning I got sick, and I've been exhausted and nauseous again since :/

I'm a little over 12 weeks, so I hope this goes away soon! I feel like I've been a zombie the last 3 months!

How are you feeling now?

City Sister said...

Congratulations!!!! It's such a happy day to get over the 1st trimester. That much closer to meeting a little one.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so exciting! (Jodi @ LTRLT - having trouble logging in for some reason.)

Little Messy Missy said...

I am so happy for you.

Sara said...

:D Congrats! Hope the 2nd trimester is kinder to you.