Thursday, June 13, 2013

Garden Notes.


This post has been sitting in queue for nearly 3 weeks so I'm gonna squish all the updates in as well to catch up :)

Long time, no see!

Well, nearly two years into this third child gig and I'm still trying to find my footing. He still does not sleep. I am still a disorganized mess. Some days are easier than others but I'm still struggling to just let go and embrace what it is instead of what I thought it would be.

Children grow far too quickly. My oldest is almost 15 (don't ask me how that happened, I swear all I did was blink!) and soon enough he'll be off to college and my youngest off to kindergarten.

If I don't take the time to buckle in and enjoy this very bumpy ride, I know someday not long from now I'll be wondering how it went so fast.

Of course, as I type this I have a very tired (cause of the, you know, not sleeping thing) boy nursing and pinching and whining. Sometimes it's hard to see the big picture when you have these tiny little fingers all up in your lens.

I feel like there are a lot of clever metaphors to be had for the transition into what todays post is actually about. But, tiny, pinchy fingers and all.

Inspired by Soulemama

I've been thinking about just how much happens in the garden in a relatively short period of time. How much change takes place over the course of a growing season. How much more we learn every week.



Too many of my pictures are taken (poorly) on my new Iphone (first cell phone in 15 years!), so enjoy some cell phone pictures of the garden progress :)




May 9












May 15








June 9










No comments: