Monday, November 30, 2009

Mint Chocolate Covered (Anythings)

We haven't made these yet this year, but I'm getting ready to. It's so simple you can't even really call it a recipe, really. Still, I didn't discover this until last year and we made bunches and bunches of all sorts of chocolate covered goodies, so I thought I'd share the method here.

You can use andes mints, or they also sell little peppermint chocolate bits for baking. You could also probably just use chocolate and add a few drops of peppermint oil.

Last year our favorite was mint chocolate covered Ritz. Tastes just like Girl Scout Thin Mints!


This is a terrible, terrible picture from last year, but it's all I have on file right now. New ones to come!




1 bag mint chocolate bits or morsels
crackers or pretzels or chips (or almost anything!)
I'm pretty sure I added a teaspoon of shortening to this too


Melt chocolate and shortening over double boiler (I just do the two pot method)
Dip crackers or pretzels in melted chocolate
Lay on waxed paper on a cookie sheet.
Freeze about 20 minutes to firm
Ta-Da! Yummy, easy chocolaty goodness!

I tried it with white chocolate last year too, but didn't get good results at all. I have white chocolate baking squares though and am going to try it again this year.


mmmmmm chocolate . . .





No comments: