Friday, January 1, 2010

Snapshots: Series Four



 


 


 



 



 


 



 


 


 



 







We spent a very family intense holiday vacation. We've all been off of school and work for the past two weeks and have spent most of our days with each other, reconnecting. The Husbands brother and his family were in from Germany for 10 days as well as his sister from NYC so we also spent a lot of time with them.

We're entering our last weekend of our vacation and I'm trying to focus on these last few days instead of the dread of going back to work and our everyday life. I've really enjoyed this slower pace.

We rang in the New Years with just us last night, for the first time in 8 years. It was wonderful. We didn't get a chance to see the Blue Moon, but we did enjoy some wine, champagne and playing in the snow as it edged closer to midnight. Kevin and I wrote down a 2009 worry to toss into the fire (the kids said they didn't have any!) as the tree burned. I see this becoming a new tradition. Something else I hope to continue was our 2009/10 favorites and goals artwork.

In the spirit of the 365 goal, I'll be posting a picture a day, but otherwise will be spending some time away to enjoy these last few precious days at home.

I hope your holidays were wonderful as well!

1 comment:

Valkyrie said...

Happy New Year, Crystal! I love the pics, love getting the glimpse into your life.

I am fighting the dread too. It's taking hold already, and I hate it. I don't want to spend my last few days dreading going back to work. Bleh