Thursday, July 23, 2009

Some days, they aren't yours at all . . .

Somedays aren't yours at all
They come and go as if they're someone elses days
~ Regina Spektor


Man, that's how I've been feeling.

Right now, it's hot. It's sticky. It's 83 degrees in our house at 9pm. We haven't used our AC yet this summer. I wanted to today, since it's supposed to be humid the next few days. Buuuuuut - the AC isn't working.

Swell.

I have about 2 dozen bottles of homemade wine in my basement, just sweltering right now. I hope it doesn't ruin them.

:sigh:

I've been wanting to post more. I have several things I do want to post about. A mango chicken recipe. Some simple sewing projects. A few random thoughts and ideas.

But I've just been so, so tired. I feel like I've been saying that for years. I have been saying that for years. But it's been especially bad this last week or two. Practically falling asleep at work. Napping in the afternoon, I mean needing to nap. I don't get it. I've been eating right. Going to bed at a reasonable hour. Excluding the wedding we attended last weekend I've been limiting my alcohol intake. I've been getting fresh air and exercise. And I'm just exhausted.

So I'm hot and tired. Which means cranky.

My oldest is going to visit his grandparents in NC for the next couple weeks. What an ordeal that is every year. This makes his 8th year doing this. You would think it would get smoother or easier over time, but it doesn't.

We're moving in just about 3 weeks. We haven't started packing anything yet. Not one thing. I hate packing. I think we're just going to put half of what we own in our driveway with a free sign on it. I'm so not kidding. We don't need to bring most of it (the really nice furniture already in the house is staying)

We went out to dinner tonight. It wasn't really in our budget this week, or on plan for my diet, but we needed it. Ok, maybe we didn't neeeeed it - but close enough. My sister came too, and we chatted with her over beers and the kids over too large portions of greasy deliciousness. In the air conditioned restaurant. That's right. AC, ooh yeah.

My summer schedule at work is almost done. A couple more weeks.

I hope this Thursday evening finds all of you well. I hope wherever you are and whatever you are doing - you are happy, and fully alive.

And if for some reason, like me - you aren't - I hope you realize it, acknowledge it, say it out loud. And promise yourself to change it. Maybe not today, or tomorrow - but a little bit every day, you'll work towards it.



~Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. ~Harold Whitman


1 comment:

Sara said...

So, I don't hate my job. But I had a moment recently that your sentiments set off a chord of recognition in me. I can say I understand and yes, your final sentence is all you can do, acknowledge, game plan to make things bearable and work each day towards making sure you are at peace with yourself. My blog is my attempt at recapturing me and things that make me happy. Well, some sad things lately, but that is life and we have to nod at those events as they go by and allow them to change us for the good.

You've got an optimistic spirit, keep going!