Monday, April 6, 2009

So, here it is.

I'm not entirely sure why I set up a blog. It's not that I have much to say, or share. At least not when I sit down in an organized way to do it.
I used to. When I was younger, in High School, before kids. I kept notebooks then. Filled them up with words and thoughts and poems and dreams.

Then I just kind of stopped.

I guess being just a kid - with a kid, and trying to make it through the day, balancing raising a child and school and work, I just didn't have as much time to write. Though that's when I probably needed it most.

And over the years, I've had moments - days, weeks, months filled with an intense need to write. To let it out. Jot it down. Record it. Stumble through it.

So I keep coming back to writing. Not the way I used to. Not in notebooks, carried and treasured and filled with daily thoughts. But scattered, here and there at different times in my life.

I don't actually know how I feel about online writing. About blogging. Just sending all those ideas and feelings and thoughts and dreams out into the craziness that is the internet.

But it seems I can't let it all out on paper anymore. For whatever reason. So here I am.

I don't even know what I want this to be about. Does it need a theme? Can it just be about - whatever? I suppose it can, right?

I guess what it is will shape up over time.



So. Here we go.

1 comment:

Valkyrie said...

It can and should just be about whatever. Just write. Whatever. It's not the same as writing in notebooks. I have a collection of those too. There is something about pen on paper that allows feelings to flow from me more easily. But this is a fast and more accessible fix I suppose. And there is always some small part of every writer that wants to be read.