Make homemade cupcakes with yummy frosting and sprinkles.
Drink a variation of Hot Sling
Keep drinking hot sling, eating cupcakes and looking at beautiful flowers until you feel better. Or at least have had enough hot sling you forget you don't feel well.
My variation on Hot Sling
Green Lemon Tea in lieu of just hot water
dash of lemon
glob of honey
shot of whiskey.
from recipezaar 89751
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour with sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Add in the shortening cream or milk, vanilla and eggs; beat on medium speed of an electric mixer scraping the bowl constantly until just blended (the batter will be thick, if desired you may add in a few more tablespoons cream or milk).
- Pour into paper-lined regular size muffin tins filling under just three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the cupcakes test done (do not overbake as they will be dry).
- Immediately remove from pans.
- Cool completely before frosting.
from recipezaar 89207
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 2/3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted (all I had was just under 2 cups and it worked fine)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (for light)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (for medium)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (for dark rich)
- Cream the butter in a small bowl.
- Blend in the cocoa powder (the amount desired for a light, medium or dark flavor), vanilla, confectioners sugar, alternately with the cream.
- Beat with an electric mixer, until the desired texture is achieved.
- **NOTE** because of the additional cocoa powder more cream may have to be added in to reach desired consistency.