Thursday, February 25, 2010

winter walk.



I get so frustrated sometimes, not being able to capture what I see onto film. I went for a walk yesterday morning, very early. It so beautiful. The sky was grey, but everything was shimmering - coated in the fresh fallen snow. These pictures just don't show that. I really want to take a photography class - but I can't afford the camera's they call for. I wonder if they have rental programs or where I could find used ones?

What I wanted to do after the kids got on the bus was go back to bed. I'm sick again. I don't know how. I just got better. Anyway, I wanted to rest. But I couldn't stop looking outside. I had to get out there. So I poured my coffee, put on a sweater and boots and went walking. And it felt sooooo good.



In January I walked around on a morning very similar. Then it was quiet. Everything was still.

Not this time. The woods were alive - animals scampering and so many birds. It was lovely.


I went alone, which normally I'm afraid to do. I find I feel less afraid in the winter, walking alone. Maybe because everything is so bare - just laid open for you.








It was absolutely enchanting, like a fairy tale. You don't go very far up the trail in our backyard before you're completely surrounded by woods and I had to stop several times just to pause and take it all in. It was hard to believe I was standing in the middle of something so beautiful.










  


  


  



 


  



  



4 comments:

Sara said...

Those pictures are great! Love the landscape one. Your walk sounds so peaceful. Hope you feel better soon.

Country Girl said...

I think your camera takes good pics. I especially like the one with your sweater...coffee in hand and the last photo rocks.

gardenofsimple said...

thanks! :D

Jodi said...

How peaceful.